The Inside Ride is produced by Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation and is Canada’s first indoor cycling challenge and fundraising event dedicated to raising money in support of children with cancer and their families.
The Inside Ride Ontario benefits numerous childhood cancer organizations whose programs include family support, financial support and child support and quality of life programs and research.
The Inside Ride powers POGO (The Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario) by providing significant funds for both the POGO Financial Assistance Program and the SAVTI (Successful Academic and Vocational Transition Initiative)
POGO Financial Assistance Program – provides relief by reimbursing families for some of the tremendous out of pocket costs they incur such as food while at the hospital with their child, accommodation when away from home and child care for siblings under 12 years old.
SAVTI (Successful Academic and Vocational Transition Initiative) – helps childhood cancer survivors achieve their educational and career goals.
The Inside Ride Ontario also provides a sustainable source of funding for numerous grassroots childhood cancer organizations in Ontario, by helping them to host events to fund raise for the very programs they run. See their logos to the right and READ MORE below
Ontario Region Events
Grassroots childhood cancer organizations in Ontario SUPPORTED BY The Inside Ride helping them to host events to help fundraise for the programs they run. These organizations include:
- Camp Quality – empowering camp experiences for kids with cancer. http://campquality.org/
- Candlelighters Simcoe – To empower families on their childhood cancer journey lighting the way by providing hope, support and education.
- Childhood Cancer Fund at Kingston General Hospital – covering out of pocket and extenuating expenses for families in the Kingston region
- Coast To Coast Against Cancer Foundation Translational Clinical Cancer Research Initiative at SickKids
- Childcan – support services for families living in Southwestern Ontario and facing the challenging journey through childhood cancer – from diagnosis, treatment, recovery or bereavement.
- Hearth Place – Pediatric Cancer Family Support Program – programs to help families in Durham Region navigate their childhood cancer journey
- MacKids and Help a Child Smile – a Hamilton area partnership that benefits in hospital programs and quality of life programs to help children and their families smile and have fun
- Northern Ontario Families of Children with Cancer – hope, support, advocacy and education to families who have a child with cancer.
- OPACC (Ontario parents Advocating for Childhood Cancer) – a voice and expert resource for families and organizations navigating the childhood cancer journey in Ontario through resources, advocacy and parent support