The Inside Ride is produced by Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation and is Canada’s first indoor cycling challenge and fundraising event dedicated to raising money in support of children with cancer and their families.
The Inside Ride British Columbia Region Chapter powered by Team Finn benefits a variety of grassroots BC childhood cancer organizations whose programs include family support, financial support and child support as well as supporting the ground-breaking research project, PROFYLE at the Terry Fox Research Institute.
PROFYLE brings together the expertise of over 50 of Canada’s top researchers to profile individual molecular and genetic make-up of tumours of young patients in Canada in order to identify current and new treatments targeted at young Canadian cancer patients with hard to treat cancers.
Team Finn Foundation provides a sustainable source of funding for Inside Ride events to occur in British Columbia. These events simultaneously support the PROFYLE and allow for other childhood cancer organizations to host events to help fundraise for the programs they run. These programs include:
- The Kiwanis Children’s Cancer Program – training for an oncology fellow at the B.C. Children’s Hospital,
- The British Columbia Childhood Cancer Parents Association – financial aid for families with a child with cancer,
- Island Kids Cancer Association – support for children throughout their cancer journey
- Camp Goodtimes British Columbia – a summer recreation program for children and teens affected by cancer and their families.”
British Columbia Region Events
- Surrey, BC | October 13 | BCCCPA – Surrey (British Columbia Childhood Cancer parents Association)
- Vancouver, BC | October 14 | BCCCPA – Vancouver (British Columbia Childhood Cancer parents Association)
- Victoria, BC | October 15 | Island Kids Cancer Association – Victoria (IKCA)
- Prince George, BC | October 17 | CCS Camp Goodtimes – Prince George